We are back with another ÉPOQUE event: summer edition!
In collaboration with VoxBody Studio, TangledUpInGray and Graci Rhoads present ÉPOQUE: Intertwining visual and performance art.
An evening to celebrate our local kink artists & performers including our current Nook Gallery show, live cello music, poetry and rope, a special film screening, and an interactive art station!
ÉPOQUE is the alchemy of visual, physical, and performance art, celebrating local artists and reminding us that art can expand beyond two dimensions
7pm: Doors Open
7:30pm: Doors Closed (sorry, no exceptions once the performance starts)
* Cello-looping Witch-casting Spells of Love and Beauty with Stevie Rose
* Becoming your own Daddy: a spoken word recording and self-tie performance exploring grief and D/s relationships by Barbary Rose
* Fluid Bound: a film by Roberto Fatal, starring Grey and Blue. This film was recently added to the permanent film archives at UCLA!
8:30pm: Mix and Mingle
* check out our current Nook Gallery art exhibit and meet the artist JB Laumond
* participate in an interactive station with visual artist Tara Zoumer that explores censorship in art.
Both visual artists will have original artwork for sale at the event as well.
10pm: Event Ends
* Sliding scale tickets are available for this event! Tickets should be purchased BEFORE the event. Space is limited, don't miss your spot!
* Please plan your travel time to arrive before doors close at 7:30pm. We cannot make exceptions once the performance starts.
* Seating for the performance will be primarily on our matted floors. We will have scattered pillows as well. We do have a limited amount of chairs. If you need to assure you have a chair for watching the performance, please email us ahead of time and we will reserve one for you!
* Dress code: Dress as you like for an art show! Be fancy! Be comfortable! Shoes are not allowed on the puzzle mat area.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the performers:
Stevie Rose (they/she) is a queer, nonbinary musician and multidisciplinary artist living in Oakland, CA. Since receiving a B.A. in music history, cello performance and French from St. Olaf College in 2011, they have continued to develop a variety of visual and performance art practices including pottery, drawing, painting, collage, photography, film, sewing, graphic design, drag, and song writing. Her drag persona, Rose Nylons, has toured both nationally and internationally, most recently seen on a Canadian tour lip syncing for her life and playing original cello and piano music with UNA Productions dance company. Find Stevie on IG @rose_nylons
Barbary Rose (she/her) is the “Kinky Girl Next Door”, pinup meets alt kinky sex worker. Barbary has been performing since 2014 in various forms of sex work as well as kink and rope bondage performances. Barbary is also a sex educator and therapist. Check out all her work at BarbaryRosexxx.com and on IG and Twitter @barbaryrosexo
Roberto Fatal [they/them/ellos] is a filmmaker and storyteller. They come from Rarámuri, Tewa Pueblo, Ute, and Spanish ancestors and Mexican-American culture. Their Queer, gender fluid, Mestize/Mixed identity informs the sci-fi films they make. Their work centers on humans who sit at the intersections of time, space and culture. From this unique vantage point, these characters can bridge divides, see all sides, find new paths forward and recall multiple histories long forgotten. The mixed people of Fatal’s stories can connect us deeply to an undercurrent of humanity that we often overlook in a world that is increasingly divided. Survival, intersectional identity, perseverance, love, empathy, community, connection and creation are at the heart of their characters and films. Find Rob on IG @rob_fatal
About the Nook Gallery artist:
JB Laumond (he/him) - aka Jim Bob Vendredi - who recently relocated from Paris, France to California, has been drawing since he was a kid, then entered into the world of ropes in 2014. The shibari drawings came naturally, to the point that a graphic novel entitled Shibari - nos jeux de cordes came out in 2021, hopefully available in English soon! Find Jim Bob on IG @jbvendredi
Tara Zoumer (she/her) - "My art stems from a desire to explore what it means to be free. Free to question censorship, beauty, sexuality and our humble human experience." Find Tara on IG @tarazartist and @studiofour_productions.