Here's where it all starts!
So, just what is sex positivity? And what/who is SexPositive Portland? What is going on around here!? Come join us and find out this and more. We encourage new members to attend; and we also encourage existing members to come and join in the fun, helping to build community.
Seriously, though, we cover SO much at this event, and we don't expect you to memorize it all. For extra credit, please visit our website: sexpositiveportland.org where you can check us out before attending, and browse through our events to get a sense of what we do. (Those who have applied for membership and been accepted can see all events; those who have not can see only events open to the public.)
Orientation is one of the required classes before attending Level 2 events. It's also a really fun way to get to know people, build community and create safer containers!
Here's what we'll cover
- Welcome and Intros
- A brief look at the history of the sex-positive movement
- What SexPositive Portland is all about
- Our core concepts of Care, Confidentiality, Communication, and Consent
- How to be a great member
- What you can look forward to on your SexPositive Portland journey
- Vaccinations and boosters are required to attend this event.
- This is a mask-optional event. You are welcome to wear a mask if you would like, and it is not required.
- Please do not attend if you have any potential COVID symptoms.
- About the venue: There are 6 steps with railing to get into the house, and no steps inside. There's a friendly hypoallergenic cat. There are covered outdoor spaces.
- Please show up ON TIME so we can begin the workshop as punctually as possible. <3
- Before you RSVP, please see our Attendance Policy in the Code of Conduct Page
- It's wonderful to bring a guest who is also interested in SexPositive Portland and/or sex-positivity in general! Members receive credit for this class towards leveling up. Only classes taken as a member count toward leveling. If a guest is interested in membership, they will have to apply for membership and go through the approval process.
Everyone is encouraged to contribute what they can in support of our community! All proceeds from this event will go to SPP expenses. If you can pay the full $15 we encourage you to do so to help provide access for our members with less financial access.
The following tiers are available to choose from:
- $15 - Arms Wide Open (150%) - for those who have a little extra abundance to share
- $10 - Gentle Hugs (100%) - regular ticket price
- $5 - Hold Me Tight (50%) - for those who would benefit from some community support
- $0 - Pick Me Up (0%) - moneyless access