Join us for an evening of tying, skill share, and rope instruction with your fellow Bay Area rope nerds.
Always wanted to learn more about rope bondage? We're here to show you the ropes. Been tying for a while and want to share your techniques with others? Show us your skills! Don't have any rope to bring? Not a problem! We're happy to loan you rope for the event.
NOTE: Please RSVP and purchase tickets soon. Tickets often sell out quickly and we want to see you there!
This event is an inclusive, queer, and sex-positive safe space.
- Consent is paramount. Ask before touching people or their things! Violation of this may result in being asked to leave the event.
- Wicked Rope Jam is not a dungeon/play/sex party. We love to see you tie, but please keep the screams to a low roar.
- This event is clothing mostly-optional. Feel free to strip down to what you feel comfortable in, but please keep bottom underwear on.
- While Wicked Rope Jam promotes conversation, community bonding, and collaboration, please ask before interrupting any involved tying between other people. Asking questions and watching is always encouraged.
- Folsom Street Community Center currently has limited to no hard-points. We're working on changing this, but in the mean time, floor tying will be primarily what is available to attendees.
- Photography is allowed if explicit consent is obtained from every single individual in the photo. We encourage you to angle any cameras away from other uninvolved attendees. (We can't all see down your lens)
Christopher (@Chris) is a rigger/rope switch from the Bay Area. He's been involved with the San Francisco and Oakland rope scene since 2015 and has taught at and performed at a variety of events throughout that time, while also teaching shibari privately from his home. Chris' tying journey has been deeply influenced by the traditional Japanese kinbaku style of tying, following Japanese artists such as Naka Akira and Kinoko Hajime. Chris can be found at local Bay Area rope events either rigging, being tied, taking photos, or even doing the occasional self suspension.
$10 - $35 in advance or at the door. Please pay at the level you can comfortably afford.
We offer a sliding scale, so that cost is not a barrier to attendance.
The regular ticket is $20. This is what most people should pay.
The $10 ticket is offered for those for whom the $20 ticket would be a barrier to participation. If $20 is too much, we take your word for it! Just pay $10.
Have a great salary? Feeling generous? Paying at the $35 level allows us to make the discounted ticketing available to others who need it.
So - that's it! Choose the level you can comfortably afford.
In SF, this class will be held at the Folsom Street Community Center. While proof of COVID vaccination and masking are both appreciated for all participants, we are no longer requiring them for in person attendance. We recommend arriving 10 minutes before the class start time for check in.
Please do not attend in person if you have any respiratory symptoms whatsoever. Anyone displaying signs of respiratory symptoms may be asked to leave, regardless of vaccination status.