The deep, complex truths about the desires of queer, trans, nonbinary, BIPOC, polyamorous, fat, neurodiverse, mentally ill, disabled, chronically ill folks are still undertold.
Our art has also been our history. We create to prove we were here, to leave artifacts for the next generation, and to share what it’s like to be in this experience at this time.
Join me, Sinclair Sexsmith, for this five week long writing group where we will dive deep into the craft of writing dirty stories.
We’ll look deeply at the parts of an erotic story: the opening paragraphs, the first consent moment, the climax (orgasmic or not), and finally the ending.
We’ll be reading plenty of examples to emulate and learn from along the way, and we’ll be bravely sharing our work to encourage constructive feedback, support, and encouragement.
Come join me and a supportive community, and dive into writing erotica.
Writing Spicy is a five week guided writing group focusing on constructing erotic stories.
Each week, we will:
- Read short erotic fiction and study the craft
- Draft different parts of a short erotic story
- Share work with each other in Google Classroom
- Give & receive constructive, positive feedback in Google Classroom
- Meet on Zoom for a 2-hour workshop, where we will:
- Do a writing promp (or two) together!
- Discuss a craft technique
- Discuss the readings
- Workshop selected pieces (in the Spicy Seat!)
- Answer your questions
At the end of the class, you will have a revised story from writing prompts ready to polish and submit.
This class is for:
- Beginner to intermediate writers
- Writers who want to hone their craft (and maybe publish more work)
- Unpublished writers! You do not have to have published anything
- Experienced, published writers! Who might want to refresh their craft and get re-inspired to write
- People who never “make time” to write, but who want to
- People who want to write in community! With friends! And become fans of each others’ work!
- All genders, all sexual orientations, all experience levels welcome — no specifics required
Queer characters, sex, and kinky acts are not required, but this will be a queer-centered and kink-positive space. The workshop container is trauma informed and includes content warnings.
Dates: October 6 to November 19, 2023
Live webinars are held on Sundays
10am-12pm PT / 1-3pm ET / 6-8pm BT
If you cannot attend the webinars live: that’s okay! They will all be recorded and you will have access to the recording. There are also multiple other ways to engage live with the group, including drop-in office hours on Zoom, writing sprints through Discord, and chatting with other writers in the Google Classroom.
Sliding scale available, click here for more details and to sign up.
Sign up here!